“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
(Sir Winston Churchill)
“Keep it simple”: (inter)national taxation is comprehensive, and the fiscal reality frequently differs from the economic and legal reality. In this jungle of fiscal legislation and jurisprudence, clients usually appreciate clear and solution-oriented advice.
Gerwin is an (international) tax economist and lawyer since 1992; an experienced, hands-on and straight-forward advisor. Gerwin thinks in (creative) possibilities instead of impossibilities.
- (International) taxation
- International tax treaties
- Withholding taxes
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Bilateral Investment Protection Treaties (BITs)
- Master of Laws (LL.M), Groningen University, the Netherlands, 1987
- Master of Science, Fiscal Economy, Groningen University, the Netherlands, 1990
- Military Service: Officer Royal Dutch Air Force, The Hague, 1990-1992
- Member of the NOB (Dutch Association of Tax Lawyers) since 1992
- Dutch (native speaker)
- English (proficient)
- German (proficient)
Gerwin is a publisher of many articles on (corporate) tax matters, lectures in the Netherlands and abroad, and is currently a co-author of several online (tax) books such as ‘Bedrijfsovername’ (October 2023) regarding Mergers and Acquisitions, and until recently for many years an author and lecturer with the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation in the Netherlands. In addition, Gerwin is co-writer of the book ‘Bedrijfsovername’ Gerwin enjoys skiing, soccer, dry- humor, squash, and is an expert in whisky.
Would you like more information about something or do you have a question? Please contact us via the contact form or one of our other contact options.