“Keep your eyes on the ball”
“The legal world and (international) tax law in particular offers many challenges, which often require multi-disciplinary solutions. Moreover, advice is not only about knowledge of the law, but certainly also about a good understanding of the case and therefore teamwork with clients. A clear focus on the purpose of the advice leads to better results.”
Founding our own firm was one of the best decisions of my career. The challenge was great, the outcome beyond expectations. Almost all clients have followed us and we have managed to make WLP-Law a boutique firm with a diverse national and international practice, ranging from start-ups to large multinationals. The multi-disciplinary cooperation between all our lawyers is optimal, we are one team. Short lines of communication, no bureaucracy, a commercial attitude and hard work when necessary, but there’s also time for fun!
Richard is co-founder of WLP-Law and has worked as a tax lawyer since 1994. First with a large accounting firm for which he also worked in London for several years and then with an American law firm where he became a partner in 2005. Richard is a practical and committed advisor, who likes to think broadly with clients, using his extensive experience and network.
- Corporate and (International) tax law (US/UK/Latin America)
- European law
- Structuring for new corporate structures (inc. start-ups) and restructurings
- Corporate acquisitions and mergers (M&A)
- Real estate
- Tax returns
- Groningen University, 1988-1994 LL.M in Tax Law and Notarial Law
- Erasmus University: European Tax Studies 1996
- Richard is a member of the Nederlandse Orde van Belastingadviseurs (NOB) since 1995
- Dutch (Native)
- English (fluent, business and conversational)
- Spanish (mid-level, business and conversational)
Would you like more information about something or do you have a question? Please contact us via the contact form or one of our other contact options.